Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tub Shark

Da Dum, Da dum, da dum...look out, it's the tub shark! (that's supposed to be the jaws theme)
For those of you who don't know what a "Tub Shark" is, I'll give you a hint. It's black and white and purrs.
Our tuxedo cat (appropriately named Tuxedo) thinks that the tub is his personal water dish and bed. When ever we go into our bathroom he runs in there behind us and jumps in the tub hoping that you will turn on the water for him. He sits there with only his eyes and ears peeking over the top of the tub. He is a goofy cat and is obsessed with water, ever since he fell into the pool one evening.

A couple of years ago, I was sitting in the family room with the sliders open to the lanai (a screened in pool enclosure for you northerners). The cats like to go out on the lanai when it's nice weather and lay out there or chase and catch lizards (that's another story). All of a sudden I hear the scrambling of claws and a splash. I think, great...now I have to go into the pool and save the cat. Just as I went over and opened the screen slider, in races this wet mop and dives under the bed. AHHH now I have to pull a wet mad cat out from under my bed. He's growling and hissing the whole time but I get him out and into a towel to dry off. Ever since then he loves to play in the dog's water dish and play with the water out of the faucets. I thought cats were supposed to hate water. Anyway here's a picture of our very own tub shark!

No comments: