Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Refrigerator Madness

Ok, when is it the best time to have your refrigerator break down? NEVER! Anyway, Monday night Bill noticed that the stuff in the freezer section was not as frozen as it should be. WTF? We cleaned out the freezer, luckily we have a large freezer out in the garage. The refrigerator side seemed to be cold, but maybe not as cold as it should be. Bill called the repairman, Wednesday morning was the earliest they could make it. Of course I was planning on doing some errands that day, now I was stuck at home. The repairman didn't make it until 1:45 pm when they said it would be between 8:00 and 12:00, ya that's the story of my life. He didn't spend a lot of time looking at it when he stated that it would be cheaper to buy a new one than fix this one. WHAT? it's only 7 years old!!! "Well", he explained "you really should vacuum under the appliance frequently." Who vacuumes under the refrigerator? HMMM, I guess I should. So we are getting one almost exactly like the one we have except for Bill's favorite feature...THE MILK DOOR. Yes, our fridge had a covering over the milk shelf in the door with a hole connecting it to the freezer. So it would blow extra cold air on the milk. It was an extra $500 just for that feature. Needless to say we didn't get it, I may regret that one since I will hear about it for the rest of my life or until we get a fridge with that feature again.

Guess I'm luckey that my Mother-In-Law is having Thanksgiving this year. The stuff I'm bringing doesn't require the refrigerator so that's good. Bill requested we bring Scalloped Pineapple, an awsome recipe which I will post with a picture after Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a great Holiday!

No comments: